Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Relativity.

March 21,2007.

Theory of relativity is something i never really had the time to go through. Still, my mind made an attempt to apply it to something which I havent quite thought of. I know many a times there are things we really dont understand or atleast we try not to understand them.We often find it the best to skip through unfavourable thoughts. Here are some thoughts that accompany me these days.

The other day, i asked my friend why did he/she consider me as a friend. The obvious answer was on its way, cause i was a nice person, that i was caring, loving and blah blah blah.......This is not a place to discuss if all or any of it was true. The question that really struck me was, "What if I was bad or I was made bad by circumstances?"May be here comes the theory of relativity.

Everything/Everyone in this world, probably friends too, is relative, i thought. If due to reasons unknown, i become really bad, behave in a bad way, then i might lose all my friends and i am quite sure most, if not all, wont ask why i behaved the way i did. They may just find my behaviour or abuse the sole reason of ending friendship which has been nurtured since years. It further means, i am your friend cause you want someone nice,someone who can please you,impress you. So are you being selfish? Ofcourse you are.But then, who is not?

So what to do when you are caught in your thought? Think , think and think, only intelligence is not enough, my sir used to say. Friendship is something not defined. You dont have to refer your rule book to figure out how to react or rather respond. Its the "feel", the "bond", that keeps our friendship alive.

Friendship is more than that.


PS: Just wrote it coz Mihir (Mulay) actually forced me to write something on my blog.Written in a span of 15 minutes literally. Would like to discuss it with you, the reader.Thanks for spending the valuable time of your life on my thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. Well I dont completely agree...I have loved people(a few select friends) despite their shortcomings and flaws coz i think for me friendship is an etrnal bond...I exactly can releate wid my close frenz so if they r behaving outta their mind, I know whats going on coz I understand and feel empathy towards them...but again this applies to only a few select people who are labled as my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well mihir, first of all thank me for forcing u to blog something....he he he...joking !!
    Coming to the topic, the genre of people u are referring to, on the large are acquaintances, maybe or maybe not - 'friends'.
    Most of us do not consciously differentiate between friends and acquaintances... and thats the 1st step we go wrong.....we create a general category called "friends", and then apply all the age-old parameters of friendship to this huge class of people...
    Secondly, true friendship does not fear, at any point of time that the friendship-bond would break. Thats something true friends won't ever care about !!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Mihir ...great work..thanks for making a difference in my heart and mind and helping me grow stronger!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts