Monday, August 13, 2007

HAMARA BAJAJ !!!

Hey, today i am not talking about the ad of BAJAJ (Aage nikal rahe hai hum, which i like so much). Rather, I am talking about my scooter, my companion through out my engineering life,
Today, monday the 13th (13/08/07), I woke up early and was excited to go to college. Then I cleaned the scooter nicely (as I usually do) and was about to leave for college at 8 am while I was fully aware that the lecture was at 10am. As I started it, something unusual happened and as usual I neglected it. The accelerator was jammed I thought. I moved it back and forth and thought it was done. As I was nearing college, again the same problem arised and I fixed it the same way as I did the very last time. I reached college and was waiting for the peon to open the classroom. (the classrooms are opened everyday at 7am but today I had to wait. What a luck ! I thought)

There were no practicals as the prof. was absent and I was even more excited to come back home early than I was to go to college. Again the same accelerator problem occured. This time as I was applying the same trick, the scooter might have got annoyed. It signalled me that I cant fool it again and again doing the same things. (Ofcourse the scooter is smarter than me. It had told me in morning that it was not feeling well, that i dont take enough care of it.). I regretted cause I didnt take proper care. Its always ME who is at fault, as usual i thought. (No one except ME takes pleasure in admitting its MY FAULT even though it may or may not be.)

The accelerator wire was broken, i knew it. I saw a peon of my college coming. I asked him, if he had screw driver. He smiled and said, " Hehe, screw driver kuthun aan nar? "
I too smiled. Then i went a little ahead while still pushing my scooter. ( I had an experience of pushing the scooter from andheri west all the way to my home about a year back. It was really boring if not tiring.). I parked my scooter near bhavan's book stall next to which is installed a MTNL Box (i guess some transformer box). I had noticed in the past that those MTNL guys work there almost everyday and I found them there even today. Finally I managed to get the screw driver ! ( " poora box dede use " one ot them screamed).
I opened up the scooter and tried to fix it. All my hands got apinted black in that course. I dared not to touch my clothes but with little success. I came to know that the accelerator wire was broken and needs to be replaced.

So, I went to book depot to get a thread sort of (gunny bag threads sort of). I fixed the problem and the scooter started ! I thanked GOD for the trick and with one hand holding the thread located at right bottom and slightly back while other on the handle, I drove away till i reached my place. While I was driving, I really felt good and close to GOD. It was a serene (you may call it silly) experience.

In the mean time, while I was driving, two policemen looked at what I was doing and didnt even bother to stop me.
THANK YOU GOD. YOU ARE GREAT !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts